The position entails assisting with the Center’s ongoing large-scale international projects related to Turkish foreign policy, identifying and applying to relevant grants and carrying on research when necessary.
Job opening: Project Assistant
Organization: Global Political Trends (GPoT) Center of Istanbul Kültür University
Job Location: Istanbul – Bakırköy
Preferred starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for Applications: 15 April 2017
Global Political Trends Center is seeking a Project Assistant to provide management and administrative support to its staff. The position entails assisting with the Center’s ongoing large-scale international projects related to Turkish foreign policy, identifying and applying to relevant grants and carrying on research when necessary.
· Overseeing GPoT Center’s existing projects on issues related to Turkish foreign policy
· Writing project proposals and developing budgets
· Engaging in communication with partner organizations abroad
· Arranging all necessary logistics for the Center’s events in Turkey and abroad
· Editing, transcribing and translating internal reports and other texts
· Updating GPoT Center’s website and social media pages
The position may also allow the candidate to carry out research in her/his preferred field, with opportunity to publish their work.
Required Experience & Skills
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
· Solid understanding of issues concerning Turkish foreign policy as well as larger global issues and themes
· Diplomatic, ability to multi-task, ability to handle diverse responsibilities, excellent team-player
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Turkish, additional language skills (especially relevant to Turkish foreign policy) a plus
· Computer proficient
· Previous experience with think-tanks or NGOs is an asset
· Educational background in International Relation, Political Science, or other relevant social science desirable
How to apply
All applicants should send their resume in English (if possible in Turkish) and a short cover letter (in English or Turkish, no longer than one page, Arial 11) to email@example.com by 15 April 2017. And the email subject line must be formatted as: Application for Project Assistant Position – April 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about GPoT Center please visit www.gpotcenter.org